Monday, April 27, 2009

Cassata Ice Cream



To all the followers of Chef Michel's Cooking Blog,

Hi All!

I have been busy lately........ and so the infrequent blog posts. So I have an idea! I am gonna post recipes that I have previously tried long, long time ago when I was studying in the UK................. I mean really long, long time ago.
To start off, this is one of my all-time favourite ice cream recipe. I have not made this for a long, long time. As I remembered it, it was simply scrumptious! YUMMY!

To make a Cassata ice cream, you need:
2 eggs (separated)
3 oz icing sugar (or less)
125 ml whipping cream
2 oz dark chocolate
2 tbs cocoa powder
1 1/2 tbs warmwater

Method: (you will need an electric beater...or else you will have a sore arm)
Beat egg white until firm peaks formed.
Beat in sugar gradually.
Whip cream until soft peaks formed.
Fold in egg white & sugar mixture.
Melt chocolate over boiling water.
Remove from heat & stir in egg yolks.
Combine cocoa powder with warm water.
Stir into choc/yolk mixture.
Then add into cream mixture.
Freeze.

As I remembered it, it was quite an easy recipe. Actually, looking at the photo it makes me wanna try it out again!

Disclaimer:
Photo used is googled. I will post a photo if and when I get to try out this recipe again.

No comments: